Our business began on 28th April 2002 the day after my son Toms Christening.
Came about because of being made redundant I thought of being my own boss.
So that is what I did (with now over 30 + years of experience in the Butchery Trade) we opened our shop and never looked back.
Also to make a family business which we can all be proud of.
We named the Business "The Master Butcher" as we wanted to become a proprietor of Fine Meat all sourced Locally.
Picture of Shop Staff and Family 2012.
- The only Family owned Butchers in Evesham, left open and Proud of this as quality counts.
- Proud all our Beef, Lamb, Pork, Bacon & Poultry are all bought Locally in our Three Counties.
- We have become a well known Butcher for Award Winning Sausages & Burgers.
- A winner of over 200+ Awards and Cups for our amazing Sausages + Burgers up to end 2019.
- Have over 80 different recipes for Sausages, Burgers, Faggots, Meatballs and Black Puddings, Both Traditional & Gluten Free.
- Most Proud of being in the top 25 Best Sausage Producers in the Whole of the UK & Ireland twice to date.
- Winning In May 2014 With Our Lincolnshire Sausage at Newark Show, to become a" Champion of Champions Finalist".
- Also in May 2017 at Newark Show Best Sausage in show winning with our Traditional Sausage to become a "Champion Of Champions Finalist
- British Sausage Week 2016 "West Midlands Region"
- Winner of Traditional Sausage Category with Our Lincolnshire Sausage, awarded by F A Gill.
- National Meat Products Competition at Milton Keynes 24th May 2017
- All 10 Products (Sausages & Burgers) entered won Gold Awards.
- Winner of 4 Category Trophy : Best Traditional Sausage, Best Meat Speciality Sausage, Best Beef burger & Best Meat Speciality Burger.
- Winner of Meat Up Sausage Champion Best Sausage in show with our " Traditional Sausage".
- BPEX West Midlands Pork Burger Champion 2013 with our "Sweet Chilli & Lime ".
- Meat Up Competition July 2015 at Stoneleigh .
- Winner Of the Meat Speciality Burger Category with our "Smoked Bacon & Asparagus".
- winner again at Meat up 2017 !.
- Success in competitions have given me the opportunity to meet Many Celebrities over the years:
- Paul Daniels & Debbie Mcgee
- Craig Revel Horwood
- Simon Rimmer
- Keith Chegwin
- Phil Vickery ( Rugby Player)
- F A Gill (JLS)
- Cheryl Baker
- Linda Lussardi
- Paul Hollywood
- Christine Hamilton.
HOW THE HAIRY BUTCHER WEBSITE CAME ABOUT.
- About 5 years I found out after tests etc, I had a real problem with Gluten & Lactose.
- So I Started to experiment with Gluten Free Recipes for Sausages & Burgers for my own consumption.
- Once I had my Gluten Free recipes perfect, I began to sell them in our shop (at the Same Prices as our other Sausages containing Gluten).
- Due to great success with our Gluten Free Products , we had Customers start coming to our shop from around the 3 Counties.
- So I was asked by customers from further afield by phone if they could purchase our Products.
- But we didn't have a website to sell online, so we put the wheels in motion.
- Why was the website Called "The Hairy Butcher" ?
- WELL the National Competitions are only held every 2 years, We have been so close in Past Competitions .
- But in 2017 I went to the National Competition with 10 Products and a Beard!.
- We WON 4 Categories and become National Sausage Champion ,the Best day of my Life.
- One of the Judges said "You better stay as the Hairy Butcher ,its brought you good luck ".
- I've keep my beard ,this is what gave me the idea.
- We Started producing the Website in February 2018
- Which was going well ,until My Wifes Cancer Diagnosis in March 2018 so it put it on hold.
- It took until January 2020 before I could continue with the Website.
- We Finally went active online in Early March ,also at the worst time of year with the Covid 19 Pandamic just Starting.
- Our Website has been well supported & is growing ,we are pleased to share our Products with you all.
- Finally if you are pleased with www.thehairybutcher.co.uk .
- Could you please leave a review on Google.
- HAPPY SHOPPING "STAY SAFE".